eScholarship tracks estimated statistics for all content in eScholarship. eScholarship sends an email to authors whose email addresses are included in the item metadata at the beginning of each month which contains links to usage statistics.
You can unsubscribe from statistics emails at any time by clicking the "unsubscribe" link or updating your preferences in your eScholarship Profile.
Notice: As of February 2021, monthly statistics emails have been temporarily disabled for improvements. Learn how to access your statistics in the meantime.
- Accessing author usage statistics
- Accessing in-line usage statistics for individual content items
- I receive multiple statistics reports. How do I combine them?
- Why do I receive usage statistics for only some, but not all, of the item(s) I've authored in eScholarship?
Accessing author usage statistics
Your statistics email includes a link to a unique page which outlines usage for all content in eScholarship for which you are listed as an author, so long as your email address was provided with the submission.
The default stats page displays a summary of your total deposits and item requests for the prior month. It also lists all variations of your name and email address which are linked to your personal statistics report.
Personal statistics report link
The link to your personal statistics page does not change. Bookmark it so you can access it at any time.
If you do not have the statistics report link on hand while statistics notifications are disabled, contact eScholarship Support for assistance.
- History by item: Displays the estimated requests (views, downloads) for items. By default, it displays 50 items over the prior4 months. Use the toggles to update the displayed list of items and date range.
- Breakdown by item: Displays the estimated downloads, views, download percent, and total requests (download+views) over the prior4 months. Use the toggles to update the displayed list of items and date range.
- Breakdown by month: Displays the estimated total downloads, views, download percent, and total requests (download+views) for all your items since the month that you first deposited an item into eScholarship.
Accessing in-line usage statistics for individual content items
Usage statistics can be viewed inline for any content on eScholarship. When viewing an article on our site, click the "Metrics" tab to obtain regularly updated estimates of views and downloads for the item.
I receive multiple statistics reports. How do I combine them?
Contact eScholarship Support for assistance. Please include the email addresses where you receive statistics reports and specify the address which should be the primary recipient.
Why do I receive usage statistics for only some, but not all, of the item(s) I've authored in eScholarship?
If you're not receiving usage statistics for all of the content you've authored, it's likely the case that your email address is missing from our records for any publications that are missing from your report. Contact the administrator for your department, research unit, or publication and ask them to add your email address so that you can receive a complete set of usage statistics.