If you are having trouble logging in to eScholarship, try resetting your password by selecting the Forgot / reset password link on the eScholarship Submission page, or go directly to: https://submit.escholarship.org/subi/forgotPassword
Input the email address associated with your account, then a verification email will be sent to that address. Click on the link in the verification email and you will be guided through the steps to establish a new password.
Still encountering trouble? Here are some additional tips:
I can't reset my password / I did not receive the password reset email
- Check your Spam and other mail folders. The password reset message often gets caught here.
- Add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book and/or safe sender list.
The password reset form does not recognize my email address, or says I do not have an account
- Ensure you are entering the correct email address - especially if you have multiple, similar addresses. For instance, some users have optional sub-domains as part of their email address (e.g. email@example.com vs. firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are uncertain, contact eScholarship Support for assistance.
- Check that you are attempting to access the correct site. eScholarship includes multiple sites, and each uses different login credentials:
- https://submit.escholarship.org and https://escholarship.org: both use your eScholarship account
- https://help.escholarship.org (the site you are on now): The help portal uses a separate login, specific to the FreshDesk help desk platform.
- https://oapolicy.universityofcalifornia.edu: The UC Publication Management System uses campus credentials for UC faculty and employees. For RGPO grantees who are not affiliated with UC, the UCPMS uses your eScholarship account.
- https://journalpub.escholarship.org: The new journal submission system uses a separate login, specific to Janeway.
I am being asked to sign in repeatedly
- If you have eScholarship pages open in multiple tabs, close all tabs and try again using eScholarship in only a single tab.
- Make sure you are using a modern browser with all updates installed. Note that eScholarship no longer supports Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Check to ensure that cookies are enabled.
- Try using a different browser and see if the problem persists.
- Launch a private or incognito browser window, which will disable any browser extensions or add-ons that may be interfering with your login session. (See this guide for using private/incognito mode in Chrome, Edge, Firefox, and Safari.)
I get an error when logging in: We're having trouble communicating with eScholarship
- We generally see this issue with third-party browser plugins (extensions). For example, using the LastPass plugin to fill the username and password will result in the above error message.