If you are having trouble logging in to eScholarship, try resetting your password by selecting the 'Forgot / reset password' link at https://submit.escholarship.org. You will be asked to submit the email address associated with your account, after which a verification email will be sent to that address. Click on the link in the verification email and you will be guided through the steps to establish a new password.
Still encountering trouble? Here are some additional tips:
- I can't reset my password / I did not receive the password reset email
- Check your Spam and other mail folders. The password reset message often gets caught here.
- Add email@example.com to your address book and/or safe sender list.
- The password reset form does not recognize my email address, or says I do not have an account
- Ensure you are entering the correct email address - especially if you have multiple, similar addresses. For instance, some users have optional sub-domains as part of their email address (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org vs. email@example.com).
- Check that you are attempting to access the correct site. The following sites related to eScholarship each use different login credentials:
- https://submit.escholarship.org and https://escholarship.org - both of these sites use your eScholarship Account
- https://help.escholarship.org (the site you are on now) - the help portal uses a separate login, specific to the FreshDesk help desk platform.
- https://oapolicy.universityofcalifornia.edu - You can log in with your existing campus credentials when accessing the UC publication management system.
- I am being asked to sign in repeatedly
- If you have eScholarship pages open in multiple tabs, close all tabs and try again using eScholarship in only a single tab.
- Make sure you are using a modern browser with all updates installed. Note that eScholarship no longer supports Microsoft Internet Explorer.
- Check to ensure that cookies are enabled.
- Try using a different browser and see if the problem persists.
- Launch a "safe mode" browser window, which will disable any browser extensions or add-ons that may be interfering with your login session. (How to launch safe mode in Firefox, Chrome.)