Upload a Galley Format PDF for public display
Created by: Justin Gonder
Modified on: Wed, Aug 14, 2019 at 9:47 AM
Before you begin
- Prepare an individual publication-ready PDF for each article you wish to publish.
- Log into the eScholarship submission management system, navigate to the Journal Home screen, select 'Manage All Submissions' then select 'In Editing.' (Don't see this option? Learn more about permissions.) Finally, select the title of the manuscript you'd like to work with. (Can't find the article you're looking for in the Editing queue? It may still be in the 'In Review' queue if you did not select the 'Send to Copyediting' button, as outlined in the previous guide.
- Ensure that you are on the '3. Editing' page for the manuscript you are working on by selecting the 3. Editing link near the top of the page.
- Scroll to the Layout section of the page.
- To upload your publication-ready PDF, select the 'Galley' radio button next to 'Upload file to' near the bottom of the Layout section. Then select the Browse button and locate the PDF on your computer. Select the Upload button to upload the file.
- Once upload is complete, you will be prompted to give the file a label. Leave the default label and select 'Save.'
- You should now see your PDF listed in the yellow-highlighted Galley Format line of the Layout section.
Important: If a PDF is does not appear in this yellow-highlighted section, or if the word 'None' appears in the yellow-highlighted section, you will not be able to publish the article or the issue containing the article.
- If you need to replace the PDF, select the 'Edit' button.
- Note: Once an article has been published, it cannot be removed from eScholarship without contacting eScholarship Support to request a withdraw. Using the 'Delete' link to remove the PDF from the submission management system will not remove the PDF from the public site.
- At this time, you should also review any supplementary file(s) present in the Layout section, as these will appear on the public-facing site once the issue containing this article is published.
- You may also wish to review the metadata for the item before publishing. To do so, scroll to the top of the page and select the '1. Summary' link, then scroll to the metadata section and select 'Edit metadata.' Remember to select the 'Save' button at the bottom of the page if you make any changes.
Did you find it helpful?
Can you please tell us how we can improve this article?